South African producer, songwriter & filmmaker Spoek Mathambo returns with new project Mzansi Beat Code, his first album in five years, and has shared another fresh cut in the form of “I Found You".
On “I Found You” Spoek crosses genre at a mind-bending pace, resulting in a blend of sounds that’s electrifying in its freshness. The track was written in collaboration with Johannesburg based electronic-soul duo Kajama and Spoek's band Fantasma and is an ever-hopeful ode to love and longing.
Spoek Mathambo said of the album: “The album interludes and skits play with ideas of media. I record a lot of sounds with my dictaphone, steal clips from YouTube ... Everything clashes to express things that are so specific and local yet global...nostalgic yet right now, or at least yesterday”
Mzansi Beat Code will be released on 14 April on Teka Records.
- Want Your Love (ft Kajama, Fantasma)
- Black Rose (ft Damao, Suga Flow, Tamar)
- Blast Fi Mi (feat Loui Lvndn)
- Landed (feat Loui Lvndn)
- The Mountain (feat Pegasus Warning, DJ Mujava, DJ Spoko, Machepis)
- Volcan (ft Ceci Bastida, Fantasma)
- Libalela (ft Langa Mavuso)
- I Found U (feat Kajama, Fantasma)
- Nothing’s Ever Perfect (feat Loui Lvndn)
- Sifin’imali Yethu (ft Jumping Back Slash)
- No Congo No Cellphone
- Spoek Mathambo International Airport (Border Patrol Dub)